Skip to main content

Chimney Care

May contain: person

Many residents in Indian Hills have wood burning stoves, pellet stoves, or fireplaces.  While all are an excellent heat source, proper chimney care is required to avoid a chimney fire. In 2017, all three home fires in our community started in the fireplace or chimney. Creosote is the main cause of chimney fires.  If it builds up in sufficient quantities and ignites inside the chimney flue, the result can be a volcanic chimney fire.  To minimize creosote, have your fireplace or woodstove inspected and/or cleaned annually, burn only seasoned wood, do not burn trash or debris in a fireplace or woodstove, and do not allow the fire to smolder.


May contain: advertisement, poster, fireplace, and indoors





Join our mailing list